Cookies we use and how they benefit you – A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. There are different types of cookie, which enable us to do different things.
- 1st Party – Cookies set by our website
- 3rd Party – Cookies set by a third party website, such as Google
- Session – A cookie that only lasts for the duration of your visit
- Persistent – A cookie that lasts for a set amount of time after your visit
- Make sure our website work as you’d expect
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Continually improve our website for you through analysing anonymous data showing how you arrived at our website and what you did during your visit
- Make our marketing more efficient
- Collect any personally identifiable information
- Collect any sensitive information
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
Cookies used on our website
Site Functionality – Required for shopping cart functionality, or site layout / design:
- frontend, JSESSIONID, NSC_wjq-tbhfqbz-dpn, sifrFetch
Analytics – These allow us to collect anonymous data on how visitors get to our site and how they then engage with it. More information can be found on Google:
- __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz, __utmx, __utmxx
Used by Google to store preferences, such as Google Maps:
- NID, PREF
How to manage & disable cookies
Our cookies don’t store personal information such as names and addresses, they simply enable our website to work properly and allow us to collect anonymous data about how our website is used.
However, if you would prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from our website, or any other website, you can use your browser to do this – this will limit the functionality of our website. The method for doing this differs for each browser, if you look in the help section for your browser you should find instructions.